Warning: CRC test failed for file

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
chuckh1958

Warning: CRC test failed for file

Post by chuckh1958 »

I'm a first time user of Fbackup and need some help. I ran my first full backup and got over 200k warnings that all look pretty much the same...

[timestamp] Warning: CRC test failed for file "some file name" CRC stored in catalog is 0, destination CRC is 0

Is this something to worry about? If not is there a way to suppress the warnings?

Version: FBackup 9.9.855
Backup Device: 1tb USB flash drive, connected to Netgear nighthawk router, accessed as a network share.

chuckh1958

Re: Warning: CRC test failed for file

Post by chuckh1958 »

Per support team:

The solution (which worked) was to open the backup properties and uncheck...

- Program Files
- Program Files (x86)
- Windows

Of course this means if you needed to do a complete system restore/reinstallation, you'd need to reinstall every app.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

FBackup was designed for data files backups only.
You cannot back up your OS (or installed applications) using FBackup.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

amorapotter

Post by amorapotter »

As for suppressing the warnings, you may be able to adjust the settings in FBackup to disable or reduce the verbosity of the warning messages.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

We consider that user should be notified about any file which could not be backed up. It could be an important file, we cannot know that.
An important thing is to add in backup sources only the files and folders that can be backed up.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html