Newbie Q: Restore not finding backup dir (FAQ?)

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
Zed3

Newbie Q: Restore not finding backup dir (FAQ?)

Post by Zed3 »

Hi,

I recently had to have my system disk replaced, and I performed an Fbackup of the drive. I only ran one full backup. The system is back in my hands, so I want to resture the c:\users\<username> from the backup. They performed a clean slate installation of the base OS (Win 11), so nothing survived. I plugged in the external drive with the backup on it. I installed fbackup on the system, and when I run it, the restore option is greyed out, as it doesn't have knowledge any fbackups were done on it. All I want is to extract my original directory that was in c:\Users\(username).

I tried to search on the external drive for the .fbk file from the old system, and it doesn't find any. Should I go and configure a new backup to go to the same location as the previouos backup and it will find what I need to restore?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Newbie Q: Restore not finding backup dir (FAQ?)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

You can open in FBackup the .fkc catalog file from the backup destination.
That will load the backup job in FBackup so that you can run the restore.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

valiantlycloak

Post by valiantlycloak »

I have the same issue and successfully fixed the error. Thank you so much Adrian.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

I'm glad the problem is fixed.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html