Deleted files are not removed from backup!

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
Orgelnisten

Deleted files are not removed from backup!

Post by Orgelnisten »

"Remove excluded or deleted files from backup" is selected in Mirror Backup

Ricardo_J

Re: Deleted files are not removed from backup!

Post by Ricardo_J »

Backup is not updated when a file is deleted or moved!

I believe am having the same problem. I have a small backup setup to copy several folders to a USB drive. If the only change to the original files on my hard drive is to delete a file or move a file out of the folder that is being backed up – the resulting backup still has the file in it. The the source files listed in the backup job shown in “Properties” correctly reflects the missing file. If, in addition to moving or deleting a file on my hard drive, I add or modify a file that is going to be backed up, the moved or deleted file will be correctly removed from the backup. Apparently changing or adding a file triggers a ‘Preparing shadow copy” and “Update Catalog” notification that results in a correct backup. Only deleting or moving a file out of the folder that is being backed up does not trigger either notification and results in a backup that is not updated. Is this the correct function of FBackup?

I am using version 9.9.846.0 and Windows 10

Thanks - Rick

Ricardo_J

Post by Ricardo_J »

I am generating a Mirror backup - Rick

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

@Ricardo_J
Yes, that is correct. If there are no new/modified files to be backed up, the backup will not run. The file deletion is performed at the end of the backup process. So it depends of the backup to be executed.
This is how FBackup works, as you cannot have a backup version with only deleted files.

@Orgelnisten
Please make sure you have at least one new/modified file to be backed up. Then run again the backup and the deleted source files will be also deleted from destination.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

Ricardo_J

Post by Ricardo_J »

Got it! Thanks for your prompt response.

- Rick

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

I'm glad I could help.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html