Low priority mode and minimize?

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
Copyright

Post by Copyright »

Curious if this can be ran in a lower priority as not to effect the machines speed so much. Also on the automatic backup the window will pop-up saying its starting the backup. Is there a way to set this to minimize to the tray when it runs automatic backups?

Copyright

Post by Copyright »

Also, When I do manual backups it doesn't erase my previous backup. I would like to keep backups for 7 days then have the oldest backup deleted everytime a new one is added. I noticed when doing schedules its deleted my previous backup and I need this to stop. Thanks for any help!

jwblue

Post by jwblue »

What processor/RAM do you have on your computer? How much does your computer slow down when the program is running?

Copyright

Post by Copyright »

These are Dell E4300 laptops with 4gb of ram and 2.4ghz Core2Duo cpus. The problem with a laptop is anything hitting the HD will cause the system to lag behind. I found I can make this thing do low priority restores but can't seem to find the option for a low priority backup as well as the other issues above I have listed.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
There isn't an option to run FBackup minimized.

We added your request to our Wishlist.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html