Sequential dated backups for Minecraft Server

Post tutorials on using FBackup, or ask a "How Can I" question
nocturnalturtle

Sequential dated backups for Minecraft Server

Post by nocturnalturtle »

Hello,

I was directed to this software as a good resource to backup my Minecraft server. I have successfully set up the software to do a backup at 2am every day.

However there is no timestamp on the saved backup file. From what I can tell, the software will save overtop of the backup file every day, rather than saving a new file every day.

I want to be able to revert to a previous day`s version of the server world in case some jerk comes on and starts wrecking everyone`s stuff. I`d like to have at least a week of rolling server backups every 12 hours so that if I find out on Wednesday that someone trashed things on Monday I can revert to the Sunday file and fix things. How do I configure FBackup to do this? If FBackup cannot do this innately, how do I run it in such a way that it will do what I desire?

If this has already been answered, please direct me to where I can find that information. I did look through the boards quickly to see if this was already asked but I did not find what I was looking for, possibly because I am asking my question wrong. If different terminology is required I would love knowing what that is as well.

Thank you,
nocturnalturtle

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Sequential dated backups for Minecraft Server

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

The feature to keep multiple backup versions is not available in FBackup, but only in Backup4all (our commercial edition).