How Can I Restore Outlook Express in xp to Windows Mail Live in

Post tutorials on using FBackup, or ask a "How Can I" question
allycom

Post by allycom »

I am currently using FBackup 4.0.126 on my Windows xp computer. I also use Outlook Express 6.0 and back it up using your plug-ins.
My Documents and My Photos is also backed up using your plug-in.
I have now bought a new Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit computer and want to "restore" the files from FBackup on my external HDD to the new computer
I guess I have 2 questions:

Can I just install my existing version of FBackup 4.0.126 on the Win7 machine and then do a "restore" without doing anything else to your software? I assume/hope this works for My Doc and My Photos

Can I do this with Outlook Express which is no longer available for Win7 so I will install Win Mail Live. Will FBackup support the move from the OE backup on my external HDD which I have done to Win Mail Live on the new CPU right out of the box?

Will FBackup do auto backups of Win Mail Live using the OE plug-in or is there a Win Mail Live Plug-in

I believe Win7 is supported: will FBackup that I am using work seamlessly if I have already copied my existing hard disk data and only want to backup going forward

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
1. Just install FBackup on the new computer and open the bkc catalog files from destination. After that press the Restore button.

2. FBackup won’t transfer your email from Outlook Express to Win Mail Live. Your emails will be restored for Outlook Express.

3. We don’t have a plugin for Win Mail Live, we have a plugin for Win Mail which is the default mail client in Windows7

4. To continue the backups on Windows 7, please move the backup files and the catalogs from the current destination to the new destination. Open the fkc catalog files in Windows 7 and change the destination to the new location.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html