Size of file warning

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
Patrick K.

Size of file warning

Post by Patrick K. »

Hi folks,

I'm using Version 6.4 to make Mirror backups of files on my computer and recently I've recieved Warnings about the size of the files where the destination files are exactly twice as big as those stored in the catalog (example below). When I try to open the backup of those files I get a message saying the file format or extension is not valid. I've been using versions of FBackup for years and it's worked quite well until now, and I don't know what has changed to cause this. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Here's an example of the warning:

Warning: Size of file "K:\New Daily Backup\C\Users\pkleeman\Documents\Song Meter\BUCA detections\BUCA calling 2012-S(02-15-17).xlsx" in destination (199284) is different than the size stored in catalog (99642)

I've attached an image (Cannot_Open.jpg) of the warning when I try to open up the FBackup version of the file.

Thank you,
Patrick
Attachments
Cannot_Open.JPG
Cannot_Open.JPG (27.04 KiB) Viewed 14142 times

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Size of file warning

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

The warning indicate the file was not backed up correctly in destination.
In this case you need to back up again that file.

If the same problem appears again on that file, please check the source file if there is something special about it.

Patrick K.

Post by Patrick K. »

Thanks for the response. The warning occurs with many file types including Excel, Word, pdf, Powerpoint. All these files open just fine on the source drive and don't appear to be restricted in any way. Very perplexing. I'll send you a complete warning log with the hope that see something that can get me out of this bind.

Thanks,

Patrick

Ann-Marie

Post by Ann-Marie »

I've had this problem consistently with Quickbooks files. Quickbooks will not even run on a Google Drive file. To protect Quickbooks you will need to schedule a periodic backup within Quickbooks and then use FBackup if desired to copy the folder in which Quickbooks saves the backup.

I often have file size warnings with non Quickbooks files but eventually they clear up after one or more manual requests to backup.

I've not determined if file size "warning" means the files cannot be restored.