Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
sirtom1961

Post by sirtom1961 »

I use Mirror

Yes the there are modified and new files every day

None of my backup jobs with FBackup run if I dont open the program first

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

We cannot reproduce the situation here. All our scheduled jobs run as expected.

Please give us more details to reproduce the situation here.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

lukkip

Post by lukkip »

I have the same problem. FBackup schedule won't start until I set in options to start with the windows. After the FBackup start I can close it and schedule starts normally, otherwise doesn't.
greets

gibarrow

Post by gibarrow »

Sorry about the delay in replying - I've been away for a week.

I'm running full backup. Strangely enough, the day after my last posting, the scheduled backup ran normally, but since then it has failed (and no, I don't just mean on the days when the computer was switched off!). In fact I was sitting here at my computer waiting for the scheduled backup to run at 11 am today, and can confirm that nothing happened - except that the status now says:
Last backup on: 1/10/2009 11:08:00

Last backup was successful

Next backup on: 13/10/2009 11:00:00

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
We found the problem and we will fix it.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

lukkip

Post by lukkip »

THX, I look forward for update

gibarrow

Post by gibarrow »

Me too! Just to confirm: immediately after posting my last message, I ran a backup manually, then next day (October 13th), the backup scheduled for 11 am ran automatically, but today, as usual, nothing happened at 11 o'clock! In other words, after any change in the settings or a manual backup, the next scheduled backup runs, but not subsequent ones. I certainly hope this can be fixed, as in all other respects FBackup does a good job. It certainly beats Retrospect, which is totally incomprehensible and for some reason or other only backs up the files it feels like. I used it for months before I discovered that it wasn't actually backing up all the folders I had specified. I never managed to figure out why, and finally gave up and uninstalled it.

gibarrow

Post by gibarrow »

Hi Admin,
Has there been any progress regarding this issue? I would really like to be able to get Fbackup to run a regular, scheduled backup.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
Yes, build 167 should fix the problem.

gibarrow

Post by gibarrow »

Thanks! Any indications as to when this will be available?