Problem when editing a schedule

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
tirinen

Problem when editing a schedule

Post by tirinen »

Hi! I'm having a problem when I tries to edit a scheduled backup (which was imported from Fbackup6).

First after the update all the schedulles doesn't worked, they appeared to be ok, but the backup did not started.

Then I edited and saved the schedule trying to fix the problem, but when I save, the schedule disapears from the backup that I edit and suddenly appears on another backup ( :shock: WTF?) which is the last one that I edited.

So I had to delete all the schedules and create again, this works, but if I try to edit the schedule the problem happens again. So every time I had to edit a schedule I need to delete and do it again.

This started to happen when I updated to version 7.

Version: 7.0.181
Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard 6.3.9600

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Problem when editing a schedule

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Do you have this problem only for the imported jobs? What about if you create a new backup job in 7, can you reproduce the problem?

redsho1999

Post by redsho1999 »

I'm also having trouble with the Fbackup scheduler. I thought it was related to imported Fbackup 6 jobs so I deleted and recreated the jobs. Weird things are happening. Schedule a time for job1 & it might schedule job 2. Schedule a time for job1 then when I schedule a time for job2, job1's schedule gets messed up, etc.

Right now in Fbackup job1 says nothing scheduled & job2 shows 2 times scheduled. Looking in the scheduler, the job names & times look correct but both are pointing to the same job under the appdata roaming folder.

woolduck01

Post by woolduck01 »

I am having the same exact problem as posted by user tirinen. This started after installing FBackup 7. I originally did run the job to copy my FBackup6 jobs and they would not run automatically. And I have tried to enter new jobs and have the same problem with them as well. I entered new scheduling information and saved it to several new jobs. And when I go back to check them after the runs do not work, several jobs no longer have scheduled entries. They have disappeared but I eventually find them all in one of the jobs.

redsho1999

Post by redsho1999 »

I finally got all of my jobs working correctly by modifying the Windows task scheduler manually. Definitely a work-around.

oliveij

Post by oliveij »

I'm facing the same problem. It started after importing from V6, but I deleted and recreated all 8 jobs on V7.
She schedule gets all messed up as described by others.

I'm cleaning all my schedules and recreating them again. If this does not work, I'll probably go back to V6 for now.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

We fixed the problem in 7.0 build 199

omnimedia

Post by omnimedia »

Hi, I have this problem to with build 206 ?

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

In Windows task scheduler, make sure the path for FBackup 7 is correct in both fields under Actions tab:
- Program/script
and
- Start in...

terrynicklaus

Post by terrynicklaus »

I have had the same problem editing schedules for a year or more. The problem was introduced in sometime in version 7. I have been using 6.3.276, which is fine.

I have seen many strange things, but the most recent problem occurs in a current version (7.4.something) when I edit the scheduled start time. I seems that I can successfully change it, but when I exit and go back in, it is unchanged. The edited time is not showing up in task scheduler. If I make the change in task scheduler, it shows up in FBackup.

I have also seen the other problems where I edit one schedule and have the change show up in another schedule.

These problems occurred in schedules created in version 7 as well as those imported from version 6.