Not removing deleted files from backup

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
gerner

Not removing deleted files from backup

Post by gerner »

I have a problem with deleted files which not are being removed from the backup. I have selected 'Remove excluded or deleted files from backup' in the property setting for the backup (type/options), but nevertheless the deleted files not are being removed. Any suggestions?

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Not removing deleted files from backup

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

1. Is there any new or modified file to be backed up when you run the backup? Please note the file deletion is made after the backup execution, only if the backup ran. If no files are to be backed up, the backup won't run.
2. Do you have the same problem if you add a new file, run the backup and then you delete it and run the backup again?

trawler

Post by trawler »

I also have this problem with FBackup 6.3 not deleting files on my backup disks. I have created a "trigger delete" word document to give me something to update. It still did not work. To get my internal backup drive updated I did a cold start and that seemed to work. However, I usually (sometimes) run an external drive backup also, and that does NOT seem to work no matter what I do. Amended my trigger file, did a cold restart, still not deleting files. The log shows them all as deleted, but not so.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Is that a manual executed backup or a scheduled one?