No Disk Error

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
QuiltFinger

Post by QuiltFinger »

Hi there, I'm really excited to backup my files after a nasty virus and crash, however, I'm getting a persistent error message.
I'm backing up to a flash drive, so I have the destination source selected to removable drive J, which the computer recognizes.
When I do a scheduled and manual backup I always get this error message
"Windows no Disk"
Exception processing message parameters and then there are a bunch of alphanumeric sequences.
If I x-out of the windows instead of pressing, cancel, retry, or continue, the job will complete successfully, but I have to x out of about eight error message windows. So I'm not sure why I'm getting this message when it otherwise backups to the flash drive with no problems. The error message also seems to prevent the scheduled backups from completing. I have the scheduler set to go off at 3 AM and when I get up at 6 or 7 fbackup is still running with the error message waiting for a prompt.
I don't mind backing up manually, but it would be nice if the automation worked.
Thanks so much for your help.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
What are the drives for which you receive the message "Windows no Disk"?

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

QuiltFinger

Post by QuiltFinger »

My flash drive is hooked up to USB drive J. I haven't tried any other port.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Do you have the same problem if you back up to another flash drive?

What about if you back up to another destination type? (local hard drive)

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html