Mirror Backup to network crashes the network connection

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
primehalo

Mirror Backup to network crashes the network connection

Post by primehalo »

I have a mirror backup job which backs up files from my Windows 10 PC to network hard drives which are attached to my router, a NETGEAR R6300v2. This backup used to run fine but after I had to switch hard drives in my Windows 10 PC and reinstall FBackup, the backup now ends up crashing the network. Part way through a manually run backup my network connection becomes unavailable and FBackup fails due to this. I don't see any option in FBackup to throttle the connection. I wanted to try adding a QoS policy in my router and setting it to Low to see if that helps, but I don't know what to put for connection type (TCP/UDP/both?) or the starting/ending ports. Does FBackup use different ports than other applications? I don't want to restrict network access to other applications that don't cause problems.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Mirror Backup to network crashes the network connection

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

FBackup uses the standard ports to transfer the files.

primehalo

Post by primehalo »

So is there nothing I can do to restrict the bandwidth FBackup uses on the network when backing up without also restricting other programs?

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

At this moment you cannot limit the upload. We are thinking to add such a feature in the next version.

mkm.969

Mirror backup issue

Post by mkm.969 »

Hi,

I am configured mirror backup job and run once, backup completed. again I am deleted data from destination folder, and I run again backup job, It showing success full backup job,but data not sowing in the destination folder.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

FBackup keeps in the backup catalog all the information about the backed up files. It is supposed you are not deleting the backup manually as it is against its purpose. When you run again the backup, FBackup will compare the source files with the information stored in catalog. If no sources were added/modified, no files will be backed up.