FBackup suddenly VERY SLOW and unable to create new jobs.

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
swampdude

FBackup suddenly VERY SLOW and unable to create new jobs.

Post by swampdude »

Until about a week ago, no problems.

Now FBackup takes at least 5 minutes to load and is very unresponsive. It takes a few minutes to respond to mouse clicks.

I tried uninstalling, then deleting every FBackup folder I could find. I used CCleaner to remove any orphaned settings from the Registry. Installed again from scratch and now I can't seem to recreate the backup jobs. Didn't make any difference with the speed issue.

According to task manager, my CPU isn't going above 40%.

Windows 7 Pro 64bit / FBackup v5.3.723

Any ideas?

davesumner

Re: FBackup suddenly VERY SLOW and unable to create new jobs.

Post by davesumner »

Mine is the same, I can do my daily mirror backup from scratch without any problem, about 1TB in 18-24hrs, yet a monthly FULL backup of the same data takes 12hrs to get to 1%. If I cancel the job it doesn't cancel but just says it is and remains cancelling for hours. Further to this, it has also started to switch drive letters in the jobs for some strange reason yet the drives were still assigned correctly in Explorer. I found my monthly backup writing to the daily drive.

A complete uninstall including all folders etc. and then a re-install has not fixed it.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

@swampdude:
What is the backup destinations? Are they all accessible?
Do you have drives connected to that computer which cannot be accessed?
Do you have the latest version of FBackup 5.3.723 installed? If not, please install it.

@davesumner:
How much free disk space you have in the temp folder?
Are the backup drives the same? If yes, please format one of them to get another volume ID.
Also do you have the latest version of FBackup?

davesumner

Post by davesumner »

I have resolved the issue at least for my problem. Even though I was experiencing some very strange behaviour, the problem seemed to be a drive that had developed bad sectors. I use a disk dock with bare disk drives to create 2 x monthly backups, one of them was corrupt and even though I had used scan disk on it and formatted it several times, the only clue to it having an issue was several disk write errors listed in the event log. Now that I have replaced the drive, my backups are running as normal again.

Hope this helps resolve your issue.