FBackup Start

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
Fish

Post by Fish »

I use FBackup 4.3.169 with Windows 7 Home Premium. My problem is that it does not auto start with Windows even though the box is ticked in startup options. The second problem is that I get a message from the User Account Control asking if I want to allow it to run every time I use the icon on the desktop to start it. I have added FBackup to all the lists allowing programs etc. but there must be some obscure place I cannot find. How can I fix it?

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
1. We tested the latest version of FBackup 4.3 build 171 and don't have such problems here. FBackup starts at Windows startup.

2. You need to disable the UAC.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

Fish

Post by Fish »

I have now disabled UAC and installed 4.3.171 but it still does not start with Windows startup. I will just try and remember to manually start it every morning

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
No other complains were received about this situation.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

cmorris

Post by cmorris »

Identical issue experienced here.
* Systems are Windows 7 Home Premium with latest updates installed.
* FBackup 4.4 b188 does not startup automatically on system start even though auto-start is enabled in startup options dialog. No entry for FBackup is present in Start -> All Programs -> Startup folder.
* Identical problem reported in this post: http://www.fbackup.com/forum/topic/prob ... ng-fbackup Registry key issue is also present in my systems. No solution provided in this post.
* System requires UAC authorization every time it is started even though "Run as Administrator" is selected.
Advising customers to disable OS security systems in order to properly run your software is not an appropriate response to usability issues in your software. I suggest you re-examine your architecture to avoid this issue in light of Microsoft recommended security practices if you want to remain a relevant backup solution for Windows OSes beyond XP.

WallieW

Post by WallieW »

Same problem here guys.

After installation and running the program effortless the first time I started the computer the next day and FBackup 4.4 didn't start.

It still doesn't start here with Windows 7 Pro.

The checkbox to start automaticly with starting Windows has been set to do so but no way....it just won't. Have to start it manually also.

And that's the problem...I'm Dutch, I'm over 50.....I just forget.

Please tell me if it is possible to set FBackup to start automaticly?!
Thanks in advance.
WallieW.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
Please follow these steps to manually set FBackup to run at Windows startup:

1. Go to Start->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Task Scheduler->Task Scheduler Library

2. From Action menu, select Create Task.

3. Write a name for this task and check the "Run with highest privileges" option.

4. Go to Triggers tab->New.

5. From the "Begin the task" list, select "At log on" and press OK.

6. Go to Actions tab->New.

7. Browse for FBackup installation folder and choose the Fbackup.exe file.

8. Press OK.

WallieW

Post by WallieW »

That's the trick!

Works now here.
Thanks!