FBackup Created a Second Copy

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
wrheston

FBackup Created a Second Copy

Post by wrheston »

I had FBackup set to make a mirror copy on an external hard-drive. I set it to only backup files that were new or changed. It was doing that for a while, but this time it created a whole new copy on the backup drive. It put the new copy inside the same folder with the first one. It is a backup of my XAMPP folder. It's an Apache server that I use as a developer environment for building websites.

The top level directory is named the same as the name of the backup job, "XAMPP-Sungraffix_Backup"
The first backup it was working on is inside a folder named "C" The original XAMPP folder is on the C drive.
The second backup is in a folder named "XAMPP-Backup" which is inside the top level folder named "XAMPP-Sungraffix_Backup" There's the "C" folder inside it.

I only need the one copy, not two. Should I just delete the old one? Anyway, I think I will.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: FBackup Created a Second Copy

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

You can delete the old backup in this case. What changes you made on your computer or in the backup configurations right before the problem appeared?