FBackup adding question marks???

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
jnhalps

Post by jnhalps »

Hi all,
New to FBackup, so excuse me, but I'm having a problem. Have the same problem with Backup4All, which I assume is some way related to FBackup.
Anyways, all my music is backed up on 3 drives. I want all the backups to mirror one another, as I will only be altering the files on one drive. I think FBackup should be able to do this, but I'm having an elementary problem.
When I try to add the files to be backed up, FBackup is adding question marks ("?") into the file names, possibly where apostrophes used to be. So a track like "Cryin’ Won’t Help You Now.mp3" shows up as "Cryin?’ Won?’t Help You Now.mp3". Thus, when FBackup tries to back it up, it obviously can't find it, because that simply isn't the file name.
Any suggestions?

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Please follow these steps:

1. Go to Start->Control Panel->Regional and Language Options->Advanced tab

2. In the Language for non-Unicode programs section, select the necessary language to match the characters of the files names, in order to be correctly backed up.

3. Restart the computer and run again the backup.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html