Erratic Backups

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
CanadaBlue

Erratic Backups

Post by CanadaBlue »

Hi, I am currently running FBackup Version 7.0 Build 206. Each day I make a backup copy of my Folder C:/Users/User to an external Hard Disk (F:). I find that every day, there are erratic errors recorded in the backup log: files "found" that should not be "found" (i.e., they haven't changed for ages and should not need recopying); files deleted that shouldn't be deleted (i.e. they are not on any excluded list or filter); and files that are subsequently not found during the Test, that have just been added. Sometimes, on subsequent days, missing or deleted files are added back in, then they are deleted another day...
As an example, here are two entries from today's log file:
[05/02/2018 8:10:39 AM] Added folder C:\Users\User\Documents\Church\AGC
[05/02/2018 8:14:10 AM] Warning: Folder "F:\C\Users\User\Documents\Church\AGC\" not found in backup, skipped.
Why was the folder added in the first place? It should not have been missing. Then, how can it not find the same folder that it has just added 4 minutes previously?
Here are two more:
[05/02/2018 8:13:51 AM] Deleting folder F:\C\Users\User
[05/02/2018 8:14:10 AM] F:\C\Users\User\Documents\ OK
How can it find a folder that has just (for some unknown reason) been entirely deleted at a higher level?
This seems to be a recent situation, since I did not register this problem before. Is there a simple explanation? DO I need to reload FBackup?
Thanks.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Erratic Backups

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please send us the backup catalog (.fkc file) from the backup destination and also the last backup log file to info[at]fbackup[dot]com to analyze them and see the exact situation.

darrelj

Post by darrelj »

Just wanted to ask. Say you have scheduled backup on a daily basis and there had been no changes that happens in the source drive . Will the next back up take the same time to finish .

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

What backup type did you select: Full or Mirror?

CanadaBlue

Post by CanadaBlue »

Hi,
In response to your question, I selected a Mirror-type backup.
Thanks for your help...

CanadaBlue

Post by CanadaBlue »

Hi Softland,
I responded to your question of 13th Feb., on the same date, thinking the question was directed towards me. However, on reflection, I think that your question may instead have been addressed to "Darrelj" who posted a slightly different question under this thread. a) Your question is very pertinent to his situation. b) In any case, you have my .fkc file, so shouldn't need to ask me that question. If I am right, you were looking for a response from him, not from me!
I therefore encourage "Darrelj" to reply to your question of Feb 13th, so that you may resolve his different question!
Thanks again for your investigations of our (different) problems, and I look forward to your resolutions.
Cheers.

Adrian (Softland)

Dear CanadaBlue,

We found the problem and we will fix it.