Cannot make FBackup backup certain files

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
pumkin54

Post by pumkin54 »

1. I want FBackup to backup my work folder, which consists of .doc and .xls files. I select the source folder, everything is checked. When I run the backup, only the folder structure is backed up, but none of the .doc and .xls files within them are backed up.
2. I create am "include" filter, specifying that I want .doc and .xls files to be backed up. This works and the files are correctly backed up.
3. I add another folder, a game save folder with .sav files. I run the backup and only the folder structure is backed up, but none of the .sav files within them are backed up.
4. I edit the "include" filter and add .sav. I run the backup and now none of the files (.doc, .xls or .sav) are backed up.
5. I delete the "include" filter altogether and run the backup again just to see what happens. Now the .doc and .xls files are for some reason being backed up without the filter. None of the .sav files are being backed up.
6. I create a new "include" filter and add .sav to it. I run the backup and the .sav files are correctly backed up... but now .doc and .xls files are no longer being backed up.
7. I edit the "include" filter and add .doc and .xls files to it. I run the backup again and .doc and .xls files are correctly backed up... but now .sav files are no longer being backed up.
You get the picture. I've tried shutting down, restarting, uninstalling, reinstalling, different configurations of filters, checking files, unchecking files. I'm completely stumped.
Please help!

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Please send us the .fkc catalog file for that job. You can find the .fkc file if you go to View->Open folder->Destination folder.

Put the file into a zip archive and send it to info[at]fbackup[dot]com

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html