Backup scheduler not working

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
jamesclaudejones

Backup scheduler not working

Post by jamesclaudejones »

Just recently my scheduled backups on V6 are not running. I have tried to correct the current backups but receive an error. I've deleted all of my scheduled jobs and tried to create new one but I am given the same error. I can manually run a backup, but no scheduled jobs run.

The error message is "Could not create scheduled task. The task image is corrupt of has been tampered with"

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Backup scheduler not working

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Can you manually create a scheduled task in Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Task Scheduler?

ldries46

Post by ldries46 »

I have got almost the same problem. My backups are only running one time, or manually and they do not again appear in the scheduled tasks.
In Properties I see for a specific tasks
Enabled checked
Job type job
scheduler Windows,
Run in Background
Type Default
Task file fba_Film
Status The task is ready to run at its next
Next Run Time 1-8--2016 20:00:00
Last Run Time 1-7-2016 20:00:00
Schedule At 20:00:00 on day 1 of te month
User Bertus
Last Runres De bewerki
I cannot get the slide bar further to the right
At this moment I have notask ib the scheduler window
When I show task properties and do edit-properties save the task is in the scheduled window
Is there something I do wrong?

Adrian (Softland)

Did you try the above suggestion, to manually create a scheduled task in Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Task Scheduler?

ldries46

Post by ldries46 »

Sorry That I could not reply earlier. My problem is not solved I can start any of Jobs I have by clicking Backup. Than they work one time. I can in Properties/Scheduler select the job Click Edit/Edit Properties Change something and chane it back closeEdit Close Properties and now it is in Scheduled again. I have created all my jobs newly in 6.0

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

1. Is there any user logged on at the scheduled time?
2. Do you have the same problem if you schedule the backup to run while you are logged on?

ldries46

Post by ldries46 »

I am running my tasks mostly when I am logged in. I am the only users on my system. So No other users could be logged in.
On V5 The tasks That should have been running at moment that my system was not running or when I was not logged in were always suspended until I was logged in again.
I find that the tasks that are sheduled with the trick I earlier described did run once and were not rescheduled for the next run although they should

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

In Backup Properties->Scheduler, please edit the task and make sure you selected the "Run whether the user is logged on or not" option.

ldries46

Post by ldries46 »

I just did as you asked and all tasks were in scheduled tasks. The first had to run at 25-9 so I created a new task that should run at 9:20 today. I had by accident the New Backup task run on the other option and all tasks disappeared from the scheduled list. than I changed it for that method too and it worked.
Is that an error or create with a purpose?

ldries46

Post by ldries46 »

I had by accident forgotten the ask option for the New Backup Task. The result was that after the New Backup task had run all other scheduled tasks had disappeared from the scheduler.
Resetting all the tasks again and running the New Backup with the requested option had the desired effect.
Is this an error or has this a purpose