Wow, I can't backup to an external, or removable device?

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
BobbyEarle

Post by BobbyEarle »

After looking around in the forum, I learned a totally fascinating feature of FBackup:
It does not support external, or optical devices. I can backup my valuable files to a different location on my hard drive, sort of like, uh, moving them to a different location on my hard drive. So, if my hard drive fails I really don't have a backup at all. Perhaps it's just me, but that doesn't seem like a very good back up strategy...but like I said, maybe it's just me.
Looking at the tag above I read "FBackup does file backups. For free." Well, I guess it does "something" for free, but apparently not backups.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Using FBackup you can back up your files to a local hard drive (a different hard drive, not the System drive), to a network location or to an external hard drive.

Of course you should not back up your data files to the same drive where the sources are located.

If you don't want to use any of these destinations, we recommend you a commercial application: Backup4all

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html