Run before and archive Bit

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
bahri

Post by bahri »

Thanks for fbackup.

I have two problems.
1. the "Run program befor backup" does not show anything, and there is no folder icon that enables me to start a program of my choice.
2. When archiving full is there an option to bachup only the files with the archive bit on and the clear it after backup?
I can't find info about these topics, please help

Thanks

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
1. The "Run action before backup" feature allows you to run a single action: Clear Backup. You cannot choose a specific program to run.
2. You cannot backup only the files with the archive bit set.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

xavierk

Post by xavierk »

In regards to #1, I am curious why does all the documentation talk about the ability to set your own commands. The main website also states this:
actions before/after backup.

For each backup job you can define an action to execute before or after the backup. As an example, you can set a "Clear backup" action before the backup runs, so that all the previous backed up files will be cleared before loading the new ones. As an after-backup action, you can set it to stand by, log off, hibernate or even shut down the computer once the backup successfully finished.
This would make this tool very useful for many of my projects where their budget doesn't allow for the expensive software.
Thank you,
Xavier

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
If you go to Advanced page, you can see all the actions you mentioned. No other user defined actions can be added.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html