Rescan Catalog?

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
RhysAndrews

Post by RhysAndrews »

Hey guys,

I have started using FBackup - and it seems to work really well.
Basically, I have my music collection twice - once on my portable hard-drive, and again on my HTPC. The backup is set to backup from the portable drive to the HTPC (because I put all new music on my hard drive).
However, 95% of my music is already on my HTPC (I used to manually add new music) - the backup still insists on backing everything up, overwriting the files. It's taking forever! I know that once it's done, it will only backup what's changed, but this is still a problem.
Any advice would be great,

Rhys

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Please send us to info[at]fbackup[dot]com, the following files:

- the .fkc catalog file for that job. You can find the .fkc file if you go to View->Open folder->Destination folder.

- the .log file for the last backup job. To find it, please go to: View->Job Logs->Last Backup Log.

Put the files into a zip archive.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

RhysAndrews

Post by RhysAndrews »

I don't have a last backup log.

As far as FBackup is concerned, I have nothing backed up yet.
*But* because of my previous backup method, I do have 90% of what needs to be backed up already backed up. FBackup just doesn't realise, and so it's overwriting every file unnecssarily.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Please note FBackup does not look into destination to see what files already exists there from a manual copy.

FBackup is using the backup catalog (fkc file) to store information about the backed up files. If the files are not in the backup catalog, they will be backed up.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html