Question about Restore

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
i_am_jim

Question about Restore

Post by i_am_jim »

I've been using FBackup for several years but have never done a restore. I've restored individual files but never a complete restore as done by FBackup.

My questions are, when FBackup does a restore:
. . .o Does it restore all files or only files with an older date?
. . .o I assume it puts all files in their original folders. Is that correct?
. . .o If it cannot find a location to restore files to, does it create folders where none exist? If not, how does it handle this?

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Question about Restore

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

1. FBackup will restore all files and folders from the backup. If the original files are still there, you will be asked if you want to overwrite the files or not.

2. On restore you have multiple options. Regarding the restore location, you can use the original location or you can indicate a new one.

3. If you chose to restore in the original location, FBackup will recreate all folders if they no longer exist and put the files inside.

i_am_jim

Post by i_am_jim »

Thanks for your reply.

When you say "If the original files are still there, you will be asked if you want to overwrite the files or not."

Will you be asked for each one or can you just say do this for all original files?

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

By default you are asked for each file, but there is a checkbox to select if you want "Do this for all files".