Problem with Backup - HD Full

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
swill

Problem with Backup - HD Full

Post by swill »

Hello.

I run FBackup 5.3 mirroring one drive to another. They're the same drive, same make, model, and capacity. One drive I touch, adding and deleting files, the other I never touch manually. I've had the backup running problem-free for about two years. I did update from FBackup 4 a few months ago.

I had about 6GB free today, deleted a bunch of stuff, added a bunch of new stuff, was left with about 20GB free. The backup drive had 6GB free before FBackup ran. A short time after the backup started, Windows started bugging me about the backup drive being low on space, then FBackup stopped. The log said "Destination error (code 112). There is not enough space on the disk." I tried running it again and got the same result.

Any ideas on why this is happening? I do have the option "Remove excluded or deleted files from backup" checked.

Thanks!

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Problem with Backup - HD Full

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

How much data is to be backed up?
The removed files are deleted at the end of the backup.

swill

Post by swill »

Well, there was 6GB free on the drive at first, I deleted 30GB and added 10GB of new files, leaving the drive with 20GB free.

Sounds like that won't work with FBackup, yeah? If it's adding the new files first, it fills the destination drive before it can delete any files.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Are there more than that to delete?
You can delete the backup in destination and run a clean new backup.