Just starting out a few questions

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
bwalton

Just starting out a few questions

Post by bwalton »

Just started trying Fbackup and I have a few questions:

I started with something simple I backed up (Mirror) a USB flash drive about 30g so about 1/2 worked fine did it again a couple of days later and it added the new files (about 80) worked like a charm.

So I decided to try something a little bigger the C: drive, 1st thing when I setup the mirror backup I got a popup that said (paraphrasing here) it would do the backup but it could not be used to restore the system drive. I took this to mean that if my C: drive failed I could not pop in a new drive, restore and be back up and running as if nothing happened. Is this correct ? If thats the case can backup4all do that or its not capable of doing that either ?

a 2nd little question on the mirror backups, I know it will add any new files and will update any changed files but if I delete files in the source will it delete them in the mirror backup? or move them from 1 directory to another on the source will they get moved on the destination ?

Thanks
Bill

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Just starting out a few questions

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

1. FBackup was not designed for system backups, but for data files backups only.

2. In order to remove from backup the files already deleted from sources, please open Backup Properties->Type and check the "Remove excluded or deleted files from backup" option. Then press Save.
Please note there has to be at least one file new/modified in order for the backup to run as the deletion is made after the backup.

Jim Rockford

Post by Jim Rockford »

" In order to remove from backup the files already deleted from sources, please open Backup Properties->Type and uncheck the "Remove excluded or deleted files from backup" option."

To remove from the backup files that were deleted from the source, you UNcheck the "Remove excluded or deleted files from backup" box?

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

I corrected that. You need to check (select) that option.