Invalid Parameters message - SOLVED

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
Billybackup

Invalid Parameters message - SOLVED

Post by Billybackup »

When Windows 10 boots up, as well as during normal operations throughout the day, Fbackup loads without me doing anything to start the program and displays a dialog with the error message "Invalid Parameters".

There are no scheduled backups anymore because my scheduled backups continously ran at unwanted regular intervals throughout the day. Originally I set scheduled backups to run only once per day but this setting in Fbackup never worked as expected (once per day).

I tried many variations of scheduled backups within Fbackup but couldn't manage to get a backup to run just one scheduled backup each day.

Now Fbackup starts up without any scheduled backups and shows an "Invalid Parameters" message every time.

I tried uninstalling the program and re-installing it from a fresh download but the problem hasn't gone away. Is this a glitch in this Version 6.6 ? Is there a file I need to delete to get this annoying problem to go away.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Last edited by Billybackup on Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Invalid Parameters message !!

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

It seems you have some invalid scheduled tasks. Please go to Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Task Scheduler->Softland->FBackup 6
Delete the scheduled tasks from that location.

Billybackup

Post by Billybackup »

Hi
Thanks for the suggestion. I went there and there were no settings under those folders except the empty folders for Softland and Fbackup. So I deleted both of those folders to see what will happen.

Now I get a regular message (without doing any activity) popping up on my screen "The system cannot find the file specified".

Also I re-checked all my backups and there are no scheduled backups set. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Billybackup

Post by Billybackup »

Here are the screens that show when Fbackup starts up (when it shouldn't).
Now I have deleted Fback from my startup list in hope that this may help with this issue.
Other Invalid Parameteres Screen.jpg
Other Invalid Parameteres Screen.jpg (12.85 KiB) Viewed 10854 times
Fbackup Invalid Parameters.jpg
Fbackup Invalid Parameters.jpg (23.72 KiB) Viewed 10854 times

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please also check the Tasks folder under C:\Windows

If you still have the problem, you can also try to rename this folder:
c:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 6\

Billybackup

Post by Billybackup »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. I couldn't find anything in the Tasks folder.

I assumed that your other suggestion meant that if I renamed the folder, the program itself would make a new folder, sub-folders and relevant files in that area again when I started it.

So instead of trying your suggestion first up, I looked in the various sub-folders including c:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 6\Catalogs and found an .fkc file in the Catalogs subfolder with a title name that belonged to a backup that I deleted just before this issue started (because I couldn't control the scheduled backup to happen just once a day).

As it was a backup that was also a scheduled backup, I now suspect it was somehow trying to continue to run that non existent backup because that .fkc file still existed in the abovementioned folder.

I would have thought that by default the .fkc file would have been deleted automatically by the Fbackup program when I deleted the backup via the normal method.

Anyway, so far so good. The problem hasn't resurfaced. Hopefully this means problem solved.

Thanks for your patience an efforts to help me solve this issue.