Full and Incremental Backups

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
LKS

Full and Incremental Backups

Post by LKS »

Hi, I am testing this software for use at a clients site. I am wanting to make a full backup every Friday night and then an incremental backup, based on that full backup, every other night of the week and repeat this process every week. However, I could not find a clear way to do this. I ended up creating a full backup job (Data-Full) that runs Friday night and an incremental backup (Data-Incremental) job that runs Sat through Thursday night but this has issues. The full backup job keeps the full backup in its own subdirectory (E:\Backup\Data-Full) and the incrementals are kept in their own subdirectory (E:\Backup\Data-Incremental) including the large (full) backup that was created the first time the incremental was run. My guess is that the incrementals are NOT based on the full backup in the full backup subdirectory but are still just incrementals of its original large backup.

Can someone from FBackup confirm if I am correct or not and let me know how I can do what I am trying to do?

Tnx.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Full and Incremental Backups

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
FBackup doesn't do incremental backups, are you sure you are not using Backup4all instead (because Backup4all can do incremental backups)?