Feature Requests

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
jgodfrey

Post by jgodfrey »

I'm a new user of FB, but I'd like to make a few requests for future enhancements...
- It'd be nice if there was some way to visually differentiate a "Mirror" job from a "Full" job in the job panel. A few ways might be to 1) group the two job types separately in the panel or 2) provide a unique icon for each job type.
- I like the info that's shown in the main panel when a job is selected, though I think it could be improved. First, when a job runs, the "Last backup on" info doesn't seem to be updated unless something was actually backed up. For instance, I have a mirror job that runs nightly. Many times, there's nothing new to back up. Looking at the info panel, the "Last backup on" date doesn't change unless something was actually copied. That makes me think the backup didn't run as scheduled, and I have to do some investigation to verify that everything's OK. A better solution might be to update the "Last backup on" date each time the backup runs, and then add an additional info record that states the number of folders/files that were backed up. That way, at a glance, I could tell that the backup did run as expected, but that 0 files/folders were actually modified.
- It'd be nice if the info panel contained a quick link (or button) to the last backup log for the current job. That'd be a little easier than the current context menu access (although that should be retained also).
Anyway, thanks for your work on FB. I like what I see so far...
Oh, could we maybe get a specic "Feature Requests" forum added to better organize such requests?
Jeff

mjroux

Post by mjroux »

Great software. It does just what I needed for one exception:
The ability to nominate a folder name in Filter Properties. (ie. \Temporary Internet Files\)

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
In FBackup you can filter the file names, but not the folder names.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

e4solo

Post by e4solo »

I'm ADMIN for many user-friends. Not a real good ADMIN, but better than my friends.
Most people don't understand "files n folders" nor why their computer is running slow on occasion.. Sure would like a button that says "DoItNow" on the interface. This way, they would understand why the computer is running slow and they wouldn't complain for the next few hours. I could setup the "files n folders", and they'd only need to CLICK.
Thx

Gavin Manning

Post by Gavin Manning »

Downloaded FBackup tonight ... had a quick play & it looks good. I'll let you know how backing up to my linux media server works once I've built it ;-) One useful change would be to have the app "minimize to tray" so I can have it running in the background.

kyzdra

Post by kyzdra »

I continue this post, and I add a new feature request :
- silent install of FBackup.

good2see

Post by good2see »

Keeping multiple backups. It's very important most users. Ex: There must be an option: "Keeps last 10 backup files".