FBackup logo

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
StephanP

Post by StephanP »

Hi,
After using another Backup program, I discovered FBackup last week, and I must say that I am quite pleased. Congratulations, you won me.

In time, I'm sure there'll be some things that I'd like to see improved or enhanced, but for the moment the thing that bothers me most is the logo. (That's a good thing huh, if the logo is the one thing... ;-)
The logo is too complicated, and therefore hardly unrecognizable. Particularly the favicon/tray-icon where resolution is against us, becomes a blur of gray and black pixels.

Maybe you should consider something different, more simple, more elegant. What the hack, even a simple stylized FB, like with doPDF, would do much better for recognition than this little robot which just has too much detail.
I'm not much of an artist, so I hope you'll find some inspiration elsewhere.

In the meantime, I've offered my assistance for the Dutch translation in another thread.
Regards,

Stephan

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi Stephan, thank you for the suggestion. When we'll have some time we'll consider having a new logo created, I agree about the level of details not making the tray icon too clear, but for now we can't change it, so added this to the wishlist.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html