Does it really do this ?

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
DavePorter

Post by DavePorter »

I'm always on the lookout for new easy to use backup program for my clients and saw this in an email I just received from PC Authority ( Aussie Mag ):
FBackup is a great little tool that takes the stress out of those boring back-up chores. You can even backup your email, My Pictures, My Documents via external or USB drives. By using pre-defined templates, you can make the most out of backing up your valuable data in just a few clicks.
So I downloaded it and played around for a few minutes but I don't see the 'pre-defined templates' anywhere. Also I see it cannot backup to external USB drives - how can that be take seriously !!!!
cheers Dave

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Please see a video tutorial about how to back up using FBackup
Using FBackup, you can back up files and folders to USB external drive destinations but you cannot back up to USB removable drives.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

DavePorter

Post by DavePorter »

Thanks for getting back, but with the greatest respect, this does not answer my questions.
Could you define the difference between USB external drive destinations and USB removable drives ?
And what about the pre-defined templates.
I'm not being critical of you, it just seems that this magazines information is not at all correct !
regards, Dave

DavePorter

Post by DavePorter »

ok, A Thousand apologies I found the pre-defined templates....

Cheers Dave

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
USB removable drives are the Flash drives. They are recognized by Windows OS as removable drives.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html