Does FBackup also perform full system state restore?

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
dannieboiz

Does FBackup also perform full system state restore?

Post by dannieboiz »

I use Acronis True Image on my Win 7 system. However, I need to find a backup for my Server 2008 R2 machine. I'm using WSB and it just so so. The restoration process of it is just too tedious. I like that I can boot from a USB and do a full restore of the system image in the paid backup solution but they're just out of my price range for home use. I understand that FBackup doesn't have a usb boot restore option but say if my server crash beyond repair or if my raid completely failed, is it possible to restore my system using Fbackup with little to no lost of data and configuration of the AD?

Or if I needed to replace my server, can I use FBackup to create an image of my system and install it on the new system?

edit: I just found an old thread that say FBackup is mainly for data backup and not a system backup. Not sure if that changed

vagner32

Re: Does FBackup also perform full system state restore?

Post by vagner32 »

FBackup e nem a versão profissional faz backups de imagem. Recorra ao próprio Windows.

dannieboiz

Post by dannieboiz »

vagner32 wrote:FBackup e nem a versão profissional faz backups de imagem. Recorra ao próprio Windows.
If I translated this correctly, you're saying that the Pro version doesn't do image backup beside WBS?

vagner32

Post by vagner32 »

Sim. Só a restauração de arquivos.