Backups don't start

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
[email protected]

Backups don't start

Post by [email protected] »

When clicking on a backup, it will go to a [BACKUP] status and just sit there and never start. Killing all FBackup processes and restarting FBackup doesn't seem to help, end up rebooting and then it will run. Not sure what isn't running, but this is frustrating having to repeatedly reboot the PC to get it to run. Usually they run just fine, but out of the blue they will just hang there. Ideas?

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Backups don't start

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Do you have the latest version of FBackup 7.1.313?
If yes, please send us the last backup log for that job (when it does not work), to info[at]fbackup[dot]com.

[email protected]

There is no log for it because it doesn't start, it goes to [Backup] but stops there. If I kill FBackup or reboot, and you go to the log, it's the log from last time that it did run.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

When the backup is not running, please open Task Manager and kill the following processes (if they run):
fbackup.exe
bbackup.exe
btray.exe
bservice.exe
See if the backup works after you start FBackup.
If it works, next time try to kill one by one the processes and try again in FBackup to see which process was not running correctly.

[email protected]

I've actually have tried that many times prior to rebooting to no avail for a long time. I have probably about 6 jobs that I run at least once daily, manually, and this will happen to any of them, it's random and not limited to any one job. I also have them scheduled to run once during the night. A scheduled job never hangs, only the manually run ones hang. Also, if I leave a hung job that was started manually just sit there, when the scheduled time comes it runs successfully, always. But after that if I try to run it manually it will always hang. This is always true till I reboot, then everything starts and runs fresh. As I mentioned, when you click on backup for it to run it will go to a [Backup] status and stop there, it never opens a log, it shows the log from the last successful run. When you kill FBackup and restart it, it's still that log, whatever is going on, it never reaches the point of creating a log, only changing the 'status'.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

Please send us all the log files for such a backup job, with the .fkc catalog from the backup destination, to see what the problem is.
Send them to info[at]fbackup[dot]com

us229132

Post by us229132 »

Again, it doesn't reach the point of creating a log, I can't send it if it doesn't create on, sorry.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

Please close FBackup.exe from Task Manager and rename this folder:
"C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 7\"
Then try again to run FBackup. Do you have the same problem?